This Chapter
posted by Gabriela on Monday, July 16, 2007|


This chapter ends as you leave,
And I stare at my empty hands,
Already missing what never was,
But oh, it's finally over.

I will move on from nothingness,
And maybe get a life I deserve.
Always thought I'd have you someday,
Now at least I'll know.

Endless nights, breathless days
Always me, and never you.
Time flew by and now it's gone.
Wasted time left me tainted.

My crippled heart feeling so sure,
"Will never love someone like you"
But my mind softly speaks to me:
"It was never meant to be"

Hopes and fears slowly blending,
Uncertain future waits ahead,
Finally I'll be set free to live,
But without you it may never be.



I realized he will be out of my life soon. He will be far away from here, actually not that far, but enough to get over it. Finally... Sad somehow. I didn't give more details because I felt like it would ruin the mission of the poem. LOL. I'm crazy. Maybe I'll blog about it tomorrow.

XoXo
Gaby

Labels: , ,




6 Comments:

Blogger Pause said... on 8:54 PM  

Sounds like a good thing, now you will move on to better things!

Blogger Amelia said... on 10:13 PM  

It's a beautiful poem! sure you are not going to be a poet? I studied chemistry for ten years almost, then three years computer science, worked 4 years as a computer person, and now I'm going to study literature and poetry translation....life can be very strange especially for someone who's already had it loooong enough...like me ^^

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 12:36 PM  

That's a very beautiful poem, and I am glad that you are able to move on and acknowledge things. It's good for you, and you're not obligated to talk about unless your comfortable. ^^

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 11:47 PM  

i agree with everyone else. great poem and there are other fish in the sea. you might think hes the only one, but i bet youll find someone else.

BTW, did you ever get your prize?

Blogger Gabriela said... on 7:58 PM  

croaker, yepp, a good thing.

amelia, lol, I don't think I could.

shelly, thanks. Yes, moving on.

celise, yes, there has to be, right? And no, I haven't, not yet.

Blogger j said... on 10:05 AM  

You are going to meet someone new in college. Take my word for it. He will be a distant dot in the back of your mind.

Post a Comment

<< Home