Challenges
posted by Gabriela on Friday, July 20, 2007|

My first medical experience was...

At first I didn't want to go, I was a afraid of failing. But then I realized I will have many bigger challenges throughout my seven years in medical school. So I went to the hospital, and I learned some things, but I just couldn't really do it. It's hard! LOL

I was a little upset and embarrassed because most could do what I never could. I didn't get to the point of thinking of dropping out, but I was wondering if maybe medicine wasn't my thing.

After thinking and worrying, I decided to get over it and do something about it, instead of thinking about it on and on. So I analyzed the problem, and found the solution, which isn't that complicated.

I'll buy my own instruments so I can practice at home with my family. They will be my victims for now, and I know they'll probably suffer. I got to be the victim (for my classmates) twice and it hurt for an hour, well maybe I'm just a drama queen. LOL. But after practicing for a while I should be quite good.

So, what I'm trying to say in this post is, challenges have started, and even though this was a little one, I liked the way I did things. And I hope I can do the same with all problems. I just don't want to fall in self pity.

I really want to make it.


XoXo
Gaby


P.S. Some updates...

  • I'm staying.
It sucks a little, but it's for the best. It's a good decision.

Labels: , ,




3 Comments:

Blogger Voegtli said... on 9:55 PM  

Challenges are the greatest things in life. Whether it is professional, personal, in relationship, ones ability to surmount troubles or problems, it does not matter. And coming out of a or succeeding in a challenge strengthens you. It did me all the time.

Blogger Amelia said... on 10:55 AM  

Great decision! Practice makes perfect. All those people who are successful in what they do - 90% will tell us they really practiced a lot. hmmmm....maybe one day we'd bump into each other and you'll take my blood pressure....oh no that means I'd be sick.... ^^

Blogger j said... on 8:32 PM  

Oh I'm so proud of you Gabby!! You've overcome this challenged and grown as a person!

Keep in mind, confidence is key in the medical industry!! You'll do beyond fine! You can cut me open any day lol!

Post a Comment

<< Home