Unknown world
posted by Gabriela on Saturday, July 21, 2007|

Today was full of crap but I won't blog about it. Too much happened. I thought this was going to be a good day, I planned it a year ago. I thought that just when the last Harry Potter book came out I would run to buy it, I would stay home, and read it happily. It somehow happened, I did run to buy it in the morning, and I did read happily until I reached page 131. Then I stopped. I had a phone call. Bad news. Really bad news, not for me, but for a friend and I was really concerned about her. I called another friend to tell her the bad news, just to find the girls had fun without me AGAIN yesterday. Yesterday that I spent the night home alone.

Oh, wait. I said I didn't want to blog about it. So now, let's move on.

After all this crap, another friend called and invited me to the first anime reunion held here, which, just so you know, is called Otaku-Fest. And there was also a Cosplay contest, where kids wear costumes of their favorite anime characters. Otaku-Fest and Cosplay, are words recently learned. See, I'm not a big fan of anime, I don't think I'm even a fan. Bottom line: I barely know what anime is. I just went because my friend invited me, and I was curious. Really curious.

The event, (even though I missed most of it because I was late) fulfilled my expectations. I went to watch a different, unknown world, and that's what I found. They had a karaoke thing and there were kids dancing and singing. I had some questions, and I still have them. What's that song? Where did they get the choreography from? Why do they know the lyrics? Why do they do that? Why do they do that in front of people? Do they know they're not normal? LOL
Don't get me wrong, normal sucks, not normal rocks.
It was fun, disturbing at first though. I remembered some anime I liked when I was little. Here are some. You may recognize some of them.

Mikan, a really clever cat. Not very famous though.


Charlotte of the Young Grass, not very famous either.

Tonde Buurin, I L O V E D it.

Sailor Moon, I used to pretend I was Serena. LOL


XoXo
Gaby

P.S. I may become addicted to this anime thing. I'm weak with these things you know. Next thing you know I'll be choosing a costume for the next contest.

Labels:




4 Comments:

Blogger Voegtli said... on 11:22 AM  

Hello Gabriela. If you want one, it is easy. Just click on top of the one on my blog and you will be lead to the site. It is free of charge.

Have a nice day

Peter

Blogger Chic and Sassy said... on 11:26 PM  

lol on the serena ... me too I loved her hair back in the day ;-)

Blogger Amelia said... on 10:05 AM  

Hope your friend is ok....
and lol on the animes, I used to be obsessed on Saint Seiya (oh it's an old Japanese anime)

Blogger j said... on 8:28 PM  

Back in the day when I attempted to draw, I used to try my hardest to draw anime. It never quite turned out the way it was supposed to, although I did draw a couple of good characters that have disapeared in the mess that is my bedroom (which I should clean while I sit at home doing nothing).

Anyways, I think it would be fun to dress up as a character and go to that sort of thing. I haven't heard of any in Canada!

Post a Comment

<< Home