Perfume de Violetas
posted by Gabriela on Friday, December 22, 2006|

Yesterday my mom and I were in our way home, we were a block away. And we saw two drunk guys forcing a girl into a van. Well, I didn't see it, my mom did. I just heard her screaming. I didn't know what was happening until my mom told me. I was shocked. I thought maybe we could call the police but my mom said sometimes the police and the delinquents are connected, so it would not be safe. And even if we would have called the police, there wouldn't be much they could do about it.

It was horrible even though I didn't see a thing. I've seen movies ("Perfume de Violetas") and I know what happens. So sad. This world sometimes brings me down.

When I arrived home I prayed, I had to. It was the only thing I could do. I felt the rare need to pray.

I hope she's alright. Who knows what happened. I just ask for God to take care of her. I wish I could do something.


XoXo
Gaby




6 Comments:

Blogger justina said... on 1:31 AM  

i still feel that you should call the police!

Blogger Fate said... on 11:16 AM  

That is really terrible.
omg.

Yes this world is becoming so discracefull and very pathetic. Wow, I watch alot of CSI and Law & Order, and that stuff happens all the time. And it makes me wonder that anyone could be walking down the street and it could happen to them or someone they love.

:(

And what sucks even more, is that sometimes the police are with it...and they are the ones that are supposed to be there to make people feel safe.

Blogger Pause said... on 6:05 PM  

That is terrible but I know it happens there. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Blogger Gabriela said... on 9:48 PM  

Justina, I think it's too late.

Fate, I know, it really really sucks. I feel so useless.

Croaker, thank you. Merry Christmas.

Blogger Calvin aka Yamada Shun 山田駿 said... on 9:50 PM  

Well, i witnessed something like that before at a mall here. A group of guys in the baby changing room signalling to a girl to go in.

The guys yelled me to mind my own business..i just stoned there watching the girl went in on her own accord.

Wanted to call the security guards but was just feeling hopeless as I did not want any trouble.

THe only difference from your story is perhaps she wanted what they wanted.

Merry X'mas to you =).

Blogger Gabriela said... on 7:12 PM  

calvin, that's probably the difference.

anthony lemons, first of all, it was dark and my mom was driving and I didn't even noticed what happened until my mom told me, so I didn't see the plate number. Second, I live in Mexico, there's no 911, and the equivalent is always busy. Third, the police here is corrupt, the police are the delinquents, the delinquents are the police. And fourth, even if the police was honest, they do nothing. So, if I would have seen the plate number which I couldn't, and I would have called the police, they wouldn't have done anything (even if they wanted to) and I could be in danger for nothing.

I won't ask you to understand the danger I mentioned because obviously you can't. Just don't judge because you think you know, but you don't.

And thanks for commenting but don't do it again.

Post a Comment

<< Home