Lovely future
posted by Gabriela on Monday, January 01, 2007|

Things will happen this 2007. I'll be eighteen by January (not very excited about it), I'll graduate from high school by May, and I'll go to college by August. At least that's what I have planned. Who knows what will really happen. Athough I'm not expecting anything extraordinary this year, I'm hoping something good happens, something like winning the lottery, just kidding. I want so many things, and I want at least one of them to happen, but I guess we'll see.

I'm so scared and anxious about my future most of the time. It doesn't feel like living anymore, but there's always nice moments when I get to dream about a lovely future. And that's what keeps me here.

In a week I'll go back to school. It seems like such an easy little thing to do. But just the thought is terrifying and overwhelming. New subjects, new classmates, same stupid preps thinking they're the coolest people ever and stepping on everyone else who's different to feel better with themselves and their stupid insecurities. Ok, so I hate preps. I'll get rid of them this year, hopefully...


XoXo
Gaby

Labels:




6 Comments:

Blogger j said... on 11:55 AM  

Happy New Year Gabby! The future is bright. I'll be 18 in June. I don't get to graduate this year though, I'm short 2 subjects :(

I know what you mean [about the preps walking all over everyone whos different] it's annoying. I hope it won't be like that in the real world of adults.

Blogger PandasJr said... on 4:54 PM  

Thank you for the comment on Seasonal Allergies. You know, I wasn't real fond of high school, and I know a lot of people say this, but they say it cuz it's true. It's just high school. In college and the real world, everything changes. Those preps will be scared freshmen next year too, and maybe not so "cool" where they're at. And believe me, you'll eventually forget their names cuz you'll go on to have a great life from where you are now, and it will be without them. Do what I tell my daughter, if it doesn't physically hurt you, ignore it and move on with your life!

Blogger GeminiWisdom said... on 9:48 PM  

Where are you going to college? What do you want to major in?

Blogger Pause said... on 10:32 PM  

Gabby you will be fine just work hard and be true to what makes you happy.

Blogger Gabriela said... on 1:41 AM  

miss misery:

I hope so too...Too bad you don't get to graduate. I can't wait to get out of that hell disguised as a school.

kelly:

I really liked your blog, it was quite warm and friendly. And yeah, I've heard that a lot, it must be true. =) Thanks for the advice.

geminiwisdom:

I want to go to a public university in Monterrey, which is an hour away from here.

I will go straight to Medical School, you can do that here in Mexico. So, I'll study Medicine if I get in, they say it's really hard, but I'm hoping for the best. If I don't get in...I don't have a plan B. I think I have to work on that, just in case.

croaker:

I really hope so.

Blogger Hannah said... on 1:03 AM  

hi gaby..happy new year..don't be scared in going to college treat it as a new adventure..turning 18 also exciting, the world will see you now as a woman..so don't spoil your lovely future..follow your heart, for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Post a Comment

<< Home