Illness
posted by Gabriela on Sunday, February 04, 2007|

Just when you start forgetting what if feels like to be sick, you get sick. I've been sick for about a week now, and I don't want to go to the doctor. Why? Because everytime I go, they keep telling me to do or not to something, and it doesn't even have to do with the real illness.

The other day I went to see a dermatologist and she told me not to bite my lip, which I do a lot. I hate that habit too, but I find it hard to stop.

When I went to see the ophthalmologist he told me to eat more vegetables and blah blah, because my face looked like it needed some vitamins.

The other day my ears were hurting so I went to the doctor AGAIN, and he told me to exercise because I was so short, and that not doing exercise could affect my mood. He actually said that if I don't do exercise I would be sad and angry all the time, and so and so. That's so true, but still, I haven't exercised at all.

I know all these were good advice, but still, I felt like they were pointing out my flaws, flaws I hate and I like to think nobody notices, and they remind me that those flaws are visible.

Anyways I'm starting to get better, and I'm not taking any sort of medicine, and I haven't visited the doctor, so everything's good. I hope it doesn't get worse.

Sorry for not blogging, I've been busy with all this illness and...well nothing else.

XoXo
Gaby


Labels: ,




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 8:20 AM  

Maybe it's not that they're pointing out your flaws; they care. People show that they care in different ways.

Besides, what flaws? :) They're not flaws; they're enhancers. I hate my toes, but if I compare my toes to my fingers, I love my fingers! They're all neat and well-shaped and have lovely nails; they wouldn't look nearly as nice if I didn't compare them to my crooked ol' toes. :)

Now go indulge yourself and feel better. You have had your reminder about how it stinks to be sick; now you need a reminder about how great it feels to be well again. :)

Blogger j said... on 1:19 PM  

I can see how the whole doctor thing could be annoying. If I went to a doctor about one thing, then I would want them to help me about that thing and that thing only.

I hope you feel better Gabby!

Oh, and by the way you could always buy Twilight online and have it shipped to you. It's a great book!

Blogger GeminiWisdom said... on 10:24 PM  

Normally, the dr's don't even care. They just give you amoxicilin and tell you to take it until it's done. So what are your symptoms? I probably could've looked thru my hubby's chinese herbal book and found something. LOL.

Blogger Gabriela said... on 9:13 PM  

christi:

yeah, I know, I just don't like it. My self-esteem is to weak to take that.

LOL, that's a fun way to look at flaws. I hate my toes too by the way.

Yes, I do need a reminder for how it feels to be well.

miss misery:

I'm still a little sick, but I will be okay. I will look for Twilight. =)

geminiwisdom:

I usually don't take anything and use my mental power. LOL. I do nothing about it. Unless I'm dying, and if it's a fast dead I might not do anything.

bianca:

I know. I just don't like to listen to that. I already feel ugly.

Blogger Hannah said... on 2:18 AM  

hi gaby...we felt the same when talking about "doctors" and "illnesses"...but we need to visit them whether we like it or not...

i've been busy with my work lately...Get well soon....

Post a Comment

<< Home