Kindhearted person in me
posted by Gabriela on Friday, October 12, 2007|

I was chatting this afternoon as I always do, nothing really special going on at my MSN world. Which is my greatest tool for getting all the gossip I need.

Suddenly, a guy sayed: "Hello". This is a guy who says he likes me, but he doesn't really know me, he has only seen me in pictures, which is weird because I'm not that pretty and I look like a fifteen year old girl, and he's like... twenty something.

Anyway, we started chatting. First thing weird happened: I told him I loved Cartman and Kyle from South Park. And I think that disappointed him. Maybe he thinks I'm the all time good girl, and a "good girl" doesn't love South Park or Cartman.

Suddenly he started asking me about my personality. Was I a punk? An emo? A nerd? I don't feel like I belong to any of those so I said I didn't know. And he didn't get it. I felt he was mad at me or something. And then I found out he was. He didn't say it, but he asked me why had I ignored him before. I was like: "I've always answered to everything you've said." FYI, I've even said goodbye before leaving, something I don't do very often. And I didn't block him that IS something (I don't chat with strangers). But he said that it was always him who had to start the conversation, I was like: What?! But I ended up saying: "Sorry". I think he didn't like that because he said: "So what?" Changed the subject, and left.

Ok, so. Was I supposed to start a conversation? I never do, not to everyone, only with some close friends, but that's it. It's not personal!

So, next time I see him online I'll say hello. I don't know if that will do. But I think it doesn't matter that much, because he'll be disappointed sooner or later, I'm not who he thinks I am.

Why on Earth is this bugging me? I've concluded it frustrates me when someone doesn't see the kindhearted person in me. Ok, maybe I'm not THAT kindhearted.


XoXo
Gaby


P.S. Gaby forgot a friend's birthday, once again. ¬¬

Labels: , ,




9 Comments:

Blogger Just a girl said... on 8:51 PM  

Hey Gaby;
So he likes you, and he expects you to start all the conversations? Sounds like this guys a little over-sensitive or insecure or something.
I'm the same as you over skype, which is an im/chat program similar to msn (except that you can access it at school!) - I don't initiate conversations with people unless they're good friends, friends from afar (i.e. friends from home) or people I want to talk to, and it generally works vice versa.
I had this really unsettling encounter with someone I didn't know on skype last year; I had a photo of me as my profile pic (something I don't do anymore) and some guy started talking to me. It was all cool, we were talking about how he lived in egypt (somewhere I really want to go) and he said I had a nice photo. I was all "thanks," and then I asked him how old he was and he said 30! So I blocked him and now I don't add strangers. Lesson learned.
x
Just a girl

Blogger Just a girl said... on 8:53 PM  

Oh, and that doesn't mean you're not a kindherted person just because you don't initiate conversation over im with him. :-)

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 1:09 AM  

Gaby, it is not your responsibility to start conversations with people you don't want to, especially those who aren't your close friends and who you don't know. If he likes you, he needs to start the conversation or have something interesting enough to say that you WANT to talk to him. Be careful. His behavior is displaying a tendency for manipulation. He's trying to make you feel bad for something you should not feel bad for. It's not your responsibility to make him feel wanted. If he tries to make you feel bad again, tell him to cut the crap or else cut him off. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that you could talk to who don't make you feel bad about yourself. Do not let yourself be manipulated.

Blogger Bianca said... on 8:23 AM  

He sounds kind of creepy, Gaby, and certainly too old for you. I think you should leave him alone.

Blogger toby said... on 10:22 AM  

Lots of good advice above. Sounds like a high maintenance dude. Keep your distance :)

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 12:33 PM  

Sounds kinda freaky-deaky to me. Maybe you saved yourself the heartache of being stalked by a pedophile or something

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 7:47 PM  

yeah, i totally agree with celise. guys sounds kinda shady.

hey, it's day two of teen read week. you'll have a chance to enter to win a free book today over at celise's place

Blogger Unknown said... on 10:06 PM  

What a weirdo. Block and delete, lol that's my answer! Especially if I don't know the person. Do you go to school with him or something? Where do you know him from anyway? Be careful you! Don't talk to weirdos online, haha ;)

Blogger Gabriela said... on 9:52 PM  

just a girl:

Ewwwww. I hate strangers! And thanks, I knew I was right!

sophie:

You're so right.I hadn't thought about it that way. I didn't even notice. Thanks. Now I know.

bianca:

Yeah, that's what I'll do.

toby:

Will do.

celise:

I don't think he's a pedophile, more like annoying.

draven:

Hey thanks.

sarcastica:

He's a friend's cousin, if he was a complete stranger he would be blocked by now.

Post a Comment

<< Home