1 a.m.
posted by Gabriela on Friday, October 05, 2007|

Yesterday I stayed up until 1 a.m. studying for my embryology test, by that time I was sick and tired of studying, so I went to sleep. I wasn't even sleepy, but I was really tired and a little frustrated, I had lost my optimism and couldn't learn anything more.

Today I took the test, two tests actually (one's a lab). I thought I had done terribly on the first one, and was afraid I could fail. What frustrated me the most was the fact that embriology is supposed to be the easiest subject. So several thoughts crossed my mind: "I should have stayed until 3 a.m.", "If I fail this one, what can I expect from the others...", "I hope I can get a 60", and of course..."I want a tequila shot!".

But I think staying until 1 a.m. was okay, I got an 80 on the first test, and a 96 on the second. Pretty cool, huh? Good luck? Maybe!

Many of my classmates weren't happy with their grades, they thought there had been a mistake, because the "brightest ones" got 70's and the "dumbest ones" got 80's. I don't know if they were implying I was part of the "dumbest ones" (I hope not), but who cares?! I'll show them. I'm very motivated at this point.

So wish me luck!

Next week I'll take tests for the other subjects.


XoXo
Gaby

P.S. I still want my tequila shot!

Labels: , , , , , ,




5 Comments:

Blogger Marcia said... on 10:24 PM  

I used to publish embryology text books - and they were always some of the hardest for me to understand! Congrats on doing well on that test!

Blogger Wally Banners said... on 2:55 AM  

really nice layout for a kid great design! You got my Battle of the Blogs Vote:)

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 10:53 PM  

Congrats on the good grades. One of the many things I don't miss about going to school: the tests! And the whole science/biology thing was never my, well, thing.

In honor of Teen Read Week next week, I'll be posting interviews with the main characters from my novels. If you'd like to ask the girls a question, pop on over.

Blogger toby said... on 7:29 AM  

I'm surprised there are students being stroppy about test results. One of the better things about uni (compared to school) is the end of that inverted snobbery about kids who get good scores. Anybody who achieves A or A+ is praised by everybody, regardless of past performance.
Maybe it's different where you are.

Blogger Kat said... on 4:48 PM  

Good job, Gaby!

Post a Comment

<< Home