For the first time in my life
posted by Gabriela on Sunday, September 30, 2007|

This past week was probably one of the most significant lately. I think I finally realized I do like Medicine, maybe not as much as I should. But I realize I do after all.

When I was in high school, every subject was a about just getting it over with. I'm glad that's finally over. Studying and going to classes isn't a burden anymore. I know that everything I learn at med school will be useful someday.

I love all my classes, and I want to know it all (even though that's impossible). I admire doctors, even if some of them are arrogant or mean. I want to be like them, I want to be a doctor. And that's all I know.

I have no complaints (that's new). I don't care if it's too hard, or if I have little life of my own. I don't care if it will take me seven years to graduate, or if my dear sleep has turned into my worst enemy, and I don't mind if everyone's having fun while I'm studying. I don't know if the last one is because I've got a hermit inside of me that finally has found a reason to stay home, or if it's because I really want to make it. I hope it's not because of me being a hermit. But it could be. It has happened before.

So now... all I have to do is do okay at school. Which apparently is quite difficult.

Anyway, I'll know soon if what I've done so far has been enough. Tests are coming this week, and the following. So I hope everything goes alright. I've never been that brilliant at school. I hope that changes, because for the first time in my life I've tried.


XoXo
Gaby

Labels: , , ,




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 12:41 AM  

I'll think you'll do great, G. I have the utmost faith in you.

Um, BTW, you've been tagged: http://celisedowns.com/blog/2007/10/02/tagged-with-my-pants-down/

Blogger Kat said... on 2:19 AM  

I'm glad you feel that way.
I think the world needs caring doctors, and you'll definitely make an amazing one.

Blogger Unknown said... on 10:20 AM  

You will achieve great things!!

It's good to be passionate about your studies ;)

Blogger toby said... on 1:15 PM  

You don't have to run with the social animals all the time but don't be a hermit either! It's good to have an interest outside medicine too; there are other people in the world apart from medics!!! :)

Blogger Gabriela said... on 7:25 PM  

celise:

Oh, I've never been tagged. That should be fun, I'll get to it as soon as I can.

kat:

thanks. =)

sarcastica:

I hope so.

toby:

yeah, i guess i'll be a hermit only during testing seasons.

Post a Comment

<< Home