Separate Soul Mates
posted by Gabriela on Wednesday, March 05, 2008|

The ink has given strength to my pain,
And has opened the door to desperation.
All denied resentment trapped in my veins,
Reflect on heavy drops falling on this paper.

Tender love wearing the friendly ribbon,
Has revealed itself to me tonight.
I kept repeating it couldn't be him,
But tonight I fear he's the only one.

His eyes find comprehension in mine,
Then choose to ignore my hand waiting for his.
We both play the game saying we don't care,
But tonight I know I care enough.

His evil chivalry deceived my mind,
The kindness and color he poured into life.
The wish of grayness to come back to me
Lingers on this cracking heart.

The scandalous imperfections I couldn't overlook,
Have a place upon my lips but ended on hers.
Perfect matching pieces, mine and his,
Separate soul mates. Meant to be.

Labels:




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 4:44 AM  

hmm... well written...
but sad :(
I like the idea though :)

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 5:40 PM  

I love this poem: it's beautifully written, you have a way with words.

I think I know who its about too...

Blogger Ken Albin said... on 7:13 PM  

Beautiful sentiments! Thank you for sharing.

I just wrote a report about an attack upon my right to honestly blog about teaching. Please read it and give me your comments.

Post a Comment

<< Home