So obvious
posted by Gabriela on Monday, February 12, 2007|

-"Gaby, Gaby. Guess what! He talked to me."
-"Oh, good...I guess."

You would think I would be happier because he finally talked to her. But I'm not. Why? Because he is mine, my crush. A crush I love and then hate, and then ignore and then stalk. But MY crush after all.

It's not the first time she does this. And it always hurts badly. It makes me want to kill her. I know, I know she likes him. It's so obvious. She's more excited about him than I am, and she feels SO good because he talks to her and not to me. Classic symptoms.

This is the second time it happens with me, but it is also the second time for Sakura (best friend). And the worst thing is that it is Sakura's boyfriend, and my other friend obviously likes him, always has. And yeah, Sakura has treated him badly, and sometimes loves him, and hates him. But it's her boyfriend after all.

Why does she do that?

Last time it really hurt me and this time made me incredibly jealous. It has made me hate this behavior ALWAYS.

This is the reason why I can't be happy for another friend, because she's going out with a guy another friend liked before and still does. And even though the other friend is not my friend anymore, I still feel bad for her. And not good about my friend's relationship.

Why do they do this? I know sometimes it just happens, but if it happens the least you could do is accept it and stop being annoyingly obvious about it. Oh, and yes, don't go out with him without asking if it's okay to your friend. And if you care about your friendship, respect her decision.

What do you think? I don't ask for advice, it is not necessary, I really don't want to talk about it with her. Let's just say I have tried the talking thing with her, and it has never worked. Anyways, if someone has gone through this or feels the same, or has something to add. Let me know. =)


XoXo
Gaby


P.S. I've mentioned before I don't like posting real names here, and giving people nicknames is kind of weird. Do you have any ideas? Or should I keep things as they are?

Labels: , ,




3 Comments:

Blogger j said... on 8:49 AM  

Oh wow. This is a classic high school drama. Girls are catty Gabby, they go for the things you want. There are few friends that would back off if you liked someone, and the girl that does back off is a true friend.

I think if you like this guy you should talk to him, get to know him better. Maybe get his email (speaking of emails you can feel free to email me anytime lol)

As for the nickname bit, I've seen intials and real names and nick names. I was going to start doing the whole nickname thing, but the only nickname I could think of for my boyfriend is "Mr. Happy". Obviously I can't use this because of the amount of teasing that would be said, so I go by his real name.

You should try intials though, I think your an intials person. I call my best friend JD, because her name's Jessica Dawn and so on and so forth.

Blogger GeminiWisdom said... on 11:23 PM  

Okay here's what you need to do. Write it all down. And not just here. Write it all down in a journal. As much as you can remember, verbatim. Then type it up, find an agent and get it published. Change the names to protect the innocent--or not so innocent--of course. Because it's fiction. So to speak. ;)

Blogger Matt said... on 5:00 PM  

Gabby,

It was a bit difficult to follow along this post because you use the word "friend" to describe more than one person so it's hard to tell who is who. I'd recommend using nicknames just so it will be easier for us, the readers, to follow the story.

Regardless, from what I gather it seems like the situation is very dramatic and overblown. I doubt I could give very useful advice for a young woman, however there is a saying in the seduction community that may be of some use:

"If you really want to be with someone then you have to be willing to risk losing them"

Hope that helps:)

-Matt

Post a Comment

<< Home