Promise
posted by Gabriela on Wednesday, March 21, 2007|

To smoke or not to smoke?

That's been a question lately. I'm angry, sad, desperate, and hopeless. So why not?

I'll tell you why not. I once made a promise that I would never smoke. And now I'm having a hard time breaking that promise. You see, somebody told me: "You can't promise that, you will smoke when you grow up." I was just a child and hated that person telling me that I couldn't promise such a thing. Little did I know that life would slap me on the face this way. Now I'm desperately hopeless and craving for a cigarette. Notice that I've never smoked in my life, so, why do I crave for one cigarette? Because it seems like such a relaxing habit.

If it wasn't for that stupid promise I would be smoking right here right now. Forget about my lungs, my health, and my personal image.

I'm glad I made it...


XoXo
Gaby




10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said... on 10:49 PM  

Chocolate always works for me. I hope things get better soon. =)

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 6:32 AM  

What Calliope said. :) Chocolate beats the heck out of cigarettes. I smoked for two years in college, and lost the upper ranges of my voice; used to be a first soprano but no more! Oh, and there's the old "do you still smoke?" question from the doctor EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Even though it's been umpteen years since I even LOOKED at a cigarette. Relaxing? Hardly!

Blogger toby said... on 12:08 PM  

The first cigarette is not relaxing! It hurts your throat and makes you cough! And after that they make your clothes smell bad. But they taste nice so ...
No, don't. Chocolate is better.

Blogger Shelly said... on 12:09 PM  

Try to resist the urge, I have watched to many struggle with health complications due to smoking. Try taking a walk, breath in the fresh air think of something that makes you smile.

Blogger Mordant Coffee said... on 6:56 AM  

chocolate would do, and so would other forms of venting. :) take up painting, or something. Gacking up your lungs is not worth it.

btw, can I link you?

Blogger Gabriela said... on 5:46 PM  

calliope:

Yes, chocolate is good. I'm just not into eating lately.

christi:

LOL. That must have been hard, I still feel like I have nothing to lose.

toby:

I know. The first cigarette's a bitch. Ok, chocolate is better. =)

shelly:

Taking a walk seems like a good idea, I prefer sleeping though. =)

mordant coffee:

Yeah, I should probably do something else. Sure, you can link me. I would like to link you as well, I'll probably do so later. =)

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 9:07 AM  

http://bianyothername.blogdrive.com/archive/212.html

just my 2 cents worth on smoking.. =)

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 6:26 AM  

Gaby, if you haven't blogged because you've been shopping different cigarette brands, I will personally come down there and bring Logan to purr you into submission1

Blogger j said... on 8:14 PM  

Ice cream is a way better relaxing habit. Or bubble baths. Bubble baths are highly recommended. Chocolate works too.

Blogger Hannah said... on 7:49 PM  

gaby,

don't try to smoke...you'll get addicted...just like what others say..try chocolates and ice cream..or have some physical activities like aerobics and sports...

health is wealth...:D

Post a Comment

<< Home