So...guilty?
posted by Gabriela on Sunday, November 04, 2007|

So, what do you think about gossip? I don't know about you, but I used to despise it. That has changed though.

I've got to admit that I'm loving drama lately, it's a feast. I talk about it on and on. A friend of mine takes it a little bit further, she even creates a little more drama by adding some details to the story and then...a domino effect takes place, something that we love to watch, and to talk about afterwards.

Last week there was a love triangle within our circle of friends, and that was basically delicious. It was quite tasteful...the girlfriend broke up with the boyfriend after cheating on him with his best friend. Oh, yummi, yummi. And the evidence...exquisite. There were text messages, eye witnesses, and pictures (well, almost). The funniest part....(let's call it dessert): after all this evidence they (the cheater and the best friend) still had the nerve to not only deny it but pretend to be the victims. As I said before, yummi.

So, if you're sane, you will find this gossip obsession quite disturbing and wrong. And I know it is wrong believe me, but lately it seems like it's all I have and I can't stop it. Between classes, tests, and assignments, I don't have time for normal things, and I spend some of my time finding out about the latest gossip around me...boring (snacks), or scandalous (lobster). But they all help me get through the day. So...guilty?

I just wanted you to know, and the fact that I blog about it doesn't mean I'm not a little bit ashamed. I don't even know how it happened, but it has to end, not today but someday.


XoXo
Gaby


P.S. I didn't even mention Perez Hilton and TMZ, but well, you know...


----------------
Now playing: The Early November - Ever so Sweet
via FoxyTunes

Labels: ,




2 Comments:

Blogger Just a girl said... on 8:21 PM  

I think all girls (and some guys, who are generally in denial) love gossip. Even girls with Morals. They just don't admit it.
I think there's three kinds of gossip: gossip, bitchy gossip, and bitching. Gossip is, oh, I don't know - "did you hear? he's with her!" bitchy gossip is the delightful kind you've posted about here (and that I love to share.) Bitching is just plain back stabbing.
I don't think you should feel guitly. It's in our natures!
That's why everyone loves that new show, Gossip Girl (me most of all!)

x
Just a girl

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 7:52 PM  

Drama and gossip is always best when it's not happening to you. At least, that's the way i see it. Besides, I can always use it in a book later. LOL

How was your Halloween?

Post a Comment

<< Home