We should all have a Theo
posted by Gabriela on Sunday, March 30, 2008|


I finished reading "Lust for Life", Van Gogh's biography by Irving Stone this morning. I loved it, and I highly recommend it.

Now I can't get enough of Vincent Van Gogh. I want to know it all. This tends to happen to me, with things... new things. Not that Van Gogh is new to me, but reading about his life was different. Now I'm dying to read Letters to Theo, and to see the beautiful Starry Night in the Museum of Modern Art in New York.

This book was both inspiring and interesting, I kept underlining my favorite parts. I never do this by the way, cause I "respect" books way too much, but this time it didn't feel that wrong. It was a beautiful experience, just getting to know the mind of this misunderstood genius. I feel like I know him, but more importantly I feel like I love him, he inspires me. Not only was he a genius but he was a good person, like me. Ok, way more than me.

Many things of Van Gogh's life remain in my mind and I hope they always do. Van Gogh loved painting above all, and that's the only explanation to why he kept painting when it was obviously hard and apparently useless. He was a genius, a crazy genius, yet he suffered because of this. And Theo (his brother), we should all have a Theo in our lives.

"As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed." -Vincent Van Gogh


XoXo
Gaby


Labels:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home