Selfish self
posted by Gabriela on Tuesday, March 25, 2008|

I'm proud to say I've finished reading Mal de Amores by Angeles Mastretta. I don't know why, but finishing books has been harder lately. Now I'm reading Lust for Life by Irving Stone, and I'm loving it so far. Mal de Amores was not my kind of novel, I've just accepted that I'm not into romantic novels. I didn't love The Notebook and apparently everyone did but me, because I'm the Grinch or something. So, I'll avoid any romantic novel. What is wrong with me? Doesn't every girl in the planet love romantic novels?

Anyway.

Good news. I already have my driving license, it was surprisingly easy. The weird thing: I'm not done with my driving lessons. It's a long/frustrating story, I planned everything to be over by Friday, but it's Tuesday and I'm still not sure of when I'll be done. Ok, the point is: I'm almost there.

Yesterday I went to the movies with my mom and saw Juno, which I loved. At some point I cried. You know? I cry too much with movies, sometimes I even cry with the movie trailers. A little bit stupid, I know.

After the movie she bought me some make up: a black eye liner and awesome eye shadows. I would post a picture of those beautiful eye shadows but it wouldn't capture their awesomeness. I can't wait to use them, but they're the kind of shadows for parties. And I don't see a party coming soon, so I'm totally dying here, and wearing them on an ordinary day won't do.

I'm so bored by the way, I mean, my reading is great but I really need to get out. And I don't mean the movies or out for dinner, I need loud music and drunk friends, and alcohol, and all those beautiful things.

In other news...

I finally found a friend that shares my frustration, a frustration that has been killing me since quite a long time. I tortured myself thinking I was being crazy for feeling that way, but turns out it is completely human and understandable, still stupid, but at least I know someone feels the same way, and just as me, she really doesn't know how to make things right.

Now you don't know what I'm talking about. I think I explained it before, but it wouldn't make any good for me to mention it once again. They are like the most selfish sentiments ever. And you've already seen too much of my selfish self.


XoXo
Gaby

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,




4 Comments:

Blogger Voegtli said... on 11:35 PM  

It is nice to be kind to people, to be helpful. But from time to time it is also nice to be selfish. And to treat yourself to something nice.

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 7:03 PM  

Being selfish is good, it means you are thinking about yourself occasionally. It's a lot better then never thinking of yourself and always putting your wants and needs aside for other people!

Perhaps you should have a photo session, dress up and take pictures and post the pretty eyeliner! That's what I would do, LOL!

Blogger Just a girl said... on 11:10 PM  

Juno and makeup...sounds good! Not everyone loves a romantic novel, that doesn't make you a Grinch. ;-)

And we can't all be selfless all of the time.

x
Just a girl

Blogger Gabriela said... on 12:21 AM  

worldman:

ok, I will. =)

sarcastica:

yeah, I don't know how selfish I am, but it works for me.

now that's a great idea, but I won't do it because I don't post pictures here, cause I want to remain anonymous and all that.

just a girl:

I so not loved that novel! LOL

Post a Comment

<< Home