Bugs me
posted by Gabriela on Tuesday, April 01, 2008|

Remember me asking God to not let me be stupid today? Well, he let me. I saw him today (the guy, not God). Long story short: I think I did say hi. Things were sort of awkward because of me (obviously). Anyway, tomorrow's another day.

In other news.

I can't believe I'm letting stupid little high school things bug me. Friends sometimes bring you down without even noticing, you know. I've never cared about popularity, I even sort of liked being unpopular in high school. It's just that Danny is obsessed with popularity, she's more popular than me, and I really don't care, I didn't care at high school, I won't care now. But she cares and it just bugs me. Just the thought that she might think that I care like she does, bugs me. This and other of Danny's high school's concerns BUG ME. I feel things that I never even felt in high school, cliché things, I won't blog much about it cause I feel like damned Lizzie McGuire, and she wasn't even in high school. Where does that leave me?

XoXo
Gaby

Labels: , , ,




4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said... on 11:27 AM  

Hahaha. I love the Lizzie Maguire crack. :D

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 11:12 PM  

Truthfully, I don't ever think you're going to get away from high school antics. Even when you get older and find yourself with a FT job. You just have to sit back and wonder if the person is ever going to grow up.

Blogger Just a girl said... on 3:36 AM  

Wasn't Lizzie in high school?! I don't know, I never watched the show, but somehow ended up watching half of the movie. ;-)

Celise is right (and she would know!) It's always those little things that you know are stupid and petty and don't even matter, but they hurt and they're annoying, whether it's something someone said, how they act, etc. For some unknown reason, we care, but as long as you remember that they're insignificant, you'll get over them soon enough and forget most of them, I'm sure. That's what I've found (and there have been plenty of cliches about popularity and bitchy moments in a girl's boarding house.) In year 10 it used to both me a lot - the whole 'hierarchy' that seemed to be in place - and I wrote some prose about it at the time. Apparently it affected me pretty deeply, but now I hardly remember the things people did or said that really hurt at the time.
Sometimes the same sorts of things bug me at uni - living in college - but fortunately, it's not as petty as high school, thank goodness. =)

x
Just a girl

Blogger Gabriela said... on 5:06 PM  

just a girl:

Lizzie McGuire was in middle school, I loved the show and the movie. LOL.

Yeah, I guess it's good to keep that in mind. =)

Post a Comment

<< Home