Casi Divas
posted by Gabriela on Saturday, April 12, 2008|


Yesterday I watched "Casi Divas" one of the funniest movies ever. I highly recommend it, I don't know what's the title in English, my guess would be "Almost Divas". Anyway, this movie's about four girls that want to become the next Maria Enamorada, a famous character from a soap opera. So, there's this huge casting, and girls from all Mexico participate.

In the movie they follow closely the lives of these four very different girls. It's interesting to see how the four of them have good reasons for wanting the part, and how different their problems are. You really get to know the girls, they're flaws and virtues. The characters also deal with many problems that do exist in Mexico, like racism, anorexia, and the violence against women. It was a very funny movie, but at the same time deep.

XoXo
Gaby

Labels:




2 Comments:

Blogger Jan said... on 4:59 PM  

I wish more movies were made about women, especially ambitious women who have fun. I will definitely watch for this one.

Blogger Just a girl said... on 2:29 AM  

Hey Gaby,

I saw the movie Candida on the weekend with a friend as part of La Mirada, a celebration of Spanish films down at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image. It was a really good film, a "tragicomedy," I suppose; very funny, but also very sad and moving.

x
Just a girl

Post a Comment

<< Home