Transparent
posted by Gabriela on Sunday, November 11, 2007|

I shared my secret with one of my closest friends this afternoon. I thought it was a big important secret, but it's not. She wasn't surprised or anything. What secret? You ask. Well, Forever 17 is one of my most significant secrets and a part of my life that nobody knows of.

Just the thought of somebody reading this, somebody who knows me in real life, I just can't imagine what I'd do. But I've just realized, that maybe it's not a big deal. I mean, is this blog as interesting and revealing as I think it is?

I think it's a normal blog about a normal life for anyone who doesn't know me, but I've always thought that people who know me in real life would find here something they don't know about me. But, what do I know? Maybe I'm not as mysterious as I think I am. Maybe I'm predictable and transparent. And that's scary... that would mean that people see the depressed, lonely, and scared person I am, not to mention self-centered.

Now, I don't know what I'll do. I just told her that I had a blog but didn't tell her how to find it, so I can get out of it. I think I have an idea, I'll just give her a better secret. I just have to think about one. Any ideas?

XoXo
Gaby

Labels: , , ,




2 Comments:

Blogger Just a girl said... on 3:12 PM  

Hey Gaby,
Hmm...maybe because you've had the secret for so long it's a big deal for you, but not for other people, just a small surprise. I've told a few people about my blog, and most people are just like "oh wow, that's so cool," but pretty chilled about it.
A bigger secret? You're pregnant. You're eloping. You're an undercover CIA agent. You're...I think I'll stop there. =)
I've always wondered, with new traffic to my blog of people who know who I am, whether I come across differently in my blog - you know, like an alter ego?
Nah. I think I'm pretty much the same in type as I am in life.

x
Just a girl

Anonymous Anonymous said... on 8:22 PM  

I agree with Just a Girl. I think you'll be okay with the blog, even if she does find it. You reveal your innermost thoughts, but no names are ever mentioned, so you're good.

As for JAG's comment about people you know reading the blog and wondering if she comes across differently...I can honestly say that my BF learns a lot more about me thru my blog. Despite the fact that we tell each other almost everything, she still manages to see a new side of me when she reads my blog.

Post a Comment

<< Home